Carbon Monoxide Testing

We offer Complete Plumbing Solutions

Prodigy Plumbing and Gas are experienced in residential plumbing, gas maintenance and renovations using the advanced technology.

We work to your budget to achieve your vision and consult with you every step of the way.

What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide is a byproduct gas that is created when the natural gas that fuels a range of gas appliances undergoes an incomplete combustion. It’s colourless, odourless, flammable, and highly toxic. That’s why carbon monoxide testing is so important wherever gas appliances have been installed in your home or a commercial premises.

Carbon monoxide poisoning and health risks

Carbon monoxide is present in our day to day lives in small amounts, but it can be a big problem if it leaks from a household appliance in a confined space. Carbon monoxide poisoning can result in headaches, dizziness, nausea and a range of other more serious symptoms when inhaled. This is why it’s important to take regular preventative and diagnostic measures with your household gas appliances.

How to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning

There are a range of measures that you can take inside the home to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, including:

  • Regular carbon monoxide testing of gas appliances in your home or commercial property.
  • Check whether a safety alert has been issued for your gas appliances.
  • Appropriate ventilation where gas combustion takes place; such as your kitchen and garage.
  • Use your gas appliances only when you need them; and don’t leave your gas heater running overnight or for extended periods of time.
  • Replace or repair old gas appliances.
  • Installation of carbon monoxide detectors.

How do you test for carbon monoxide?

Prodigy Plumbing and Gas are experts in detecting the presence of carbon monoxide in your home or commercial property, and ensuring levels do not exceed Australian standards.

We also repair and replace faulty appliances to ensure compliance with Australian standards and give you peace of mind that you can live and work in a safe indoor environment.